His Royal Highness Prince Haji Al-Muhtadee Billah ibni His Majesty Sultan Haji Hassanal Bolkiah Mu'izzaddin Waddaulah, the Crown Prince and Senior Minister at the Prime Minister's Office in a sabda stresses the important roles of the relevant committees especially the Media Committee in its efforts to publicise the Golden Jubilee Celebration and ensure the dissemination of clear and accurate information in tackling the problem of unverified information from going viral which may lead to negative perceptions and confusion amongst the public. However, His Royal Highness expresses confidence that relevant parties is capable of preventing the problem from getting out of hand. His Royal Highness delivered the sabda yesterday during the Fifth Meeting of the Executive Committee for the Golden Jubilee Celebration of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam's Accession to the Throne. The meeting was held at the Prime Minister's Office Building at Jalan Perdana Menteri. His Royal Highness also advises the relevant parties to address any issues requiring attention based on the outcome of the exercises and rehearsal held previously.
Upon arrival, His Royal Highness the Crown Prince who is also the Patron of the Advisory Committee for the Golden Jubilee Celebration, was greeted by His Royal Highness Prince Haji Sufri Bolkiah ibni Al-Marhum Sultan Haji Omar 'Ali Saifuddien Sa'adul Khairi Waddien as a Member of the Advisory Committee for the Golden Jubilee Celebration.
Also welcoming His Royal Highness were the Co-Chairmen of the Executive Committee for the Golden Jubilee Celebration;
- Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Lela Cheteria Sahibun Najabah Pengiran Anak Haji Abdul Aziz bin Pengiran Jaya Negara Pengiran Haji Abu Bakar, the Chief of Adat Istiadat Negara;
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Seri Kerna Dato Seri Setia Doctor Haji Awang Abu Bakar bin Haji Apong, the Minister of Home Affairs;
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Laila Setia Dato Seri Setia Awang Haji Abd. Rahman bin Haji Ibrahim, Minister at the Prime Minister's Office and Second Minister of Finance;
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Datu Seri Maharaja Dato Paduka Seri Setia Doctor Ustaz Haji Awang Abdul Aziz bin Juned, the State Mufti; and
- Yang Berhormat Pehin Orang Kaya Shahbandar Dato Seri Setia Haji Awang Mohd. Nawawi bin Pehin Orang Kaya Shahbandar Haji Awang Mohd. Taha, the Private and Confidential Secretary to His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam.
The meeting began with a Doa Selamat recited by Yang Berhormat Pehin Datu Imam Dato Paduka Seri Setia Ustaz Haji Awang Abdul Hamid bin Bakal, Member of the Executive Committee for the Golden Jubilee Celebration.
The meeting continued with a welcoming address by Yang Amat Mulia Pengiran Lela Cheteria Sahibun Najabah Pengiran Anak Haji Abdul Aziz, the Chief of Adat Istiadat Negara.
In the sabda, His Royal Highness shares the Titah of His Majesty the Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam on matters pertaining to the Golden Jubilee Celebration.
His Royal Highness the Crown Prince in the sabda reminds every committee of the titah of His Majesty Sultan and Yang Di-Pertuan of Brunei Darussalam that the celebration is a mark of respect and appreciation for a very significant event in the country's history.
The Executive Committee Meeting discussed matters regarding the final preparations of the events including matters raised in the previous meeting.
News courtesy of Radio Television Brunei
Photo courtesy of InfoFoto